Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the festival taking place?
- Previously, the festival has been located on a remote acreage in the Interlake about 45 minutes north of Winnipeg on an 80 acres owned by Ignite Retreats. It’s located about 10 minutes south west of Teulon, MB. Well-removed from the sights and sounds of the city, taken-in by a property that offers the ultimate peaceful soul experience. See the last year’s layout of the festival grounds here.
- Will there be food at the festival?
- Of course! We’ll have vendors on site to offer food and beverage, but if you prefer, feel free to pack your own cooler. Vendors may not be able to accommodate all dietary needs – we will have the confirmed list of vendors and menus available prior to the festival so you can adequately prepare for yourself.
- Food Vendors for 2018
- To be announced!
- How do I Register for Sessions?
- Once the schedule is released, all the sessions (except Center Camp) will have an option to register through the Session Calendar.
Registration for sessions will open as soon as the schedule is finalized. You’ll receive an email if you are on the email list when registration is going to open. Join our mailing list here.
Registration is encouraged but not required. For sessions with limited space, priority will be given to those preregistered. To register find the event you are interested in, see the Session Registration page for more information. See you there!
- Will there be WiFi?
- When we say #GetConnected – we don’t mean to the internet. There is no wifi on the festival grounds and there is limited cell service. It’s the perfect opportunity to unplug and connect with yourself, nature and the I Am Community. You’ll #GetConnected in other ways.
- Will there be bugs?
- Have we mentioned the festival takes place in the Manitoban Interlake? You will likely come across the occasional ant or mosquito out in the festival grounds so come prepared.
- What should I bring to the I Am Festival?
- We’ve put together a list of some ideas to get you thinking…
- your ticket
- camping gear if you are camping
- refillable water bottle
- yoga mat
- bug repellent
- cash for food and amazing vendors
- snacks or money for food purchase
- a lawn chair
- please note that we may not be able to accommodate big lawn chairs in the session spaces like the tipi or inside the dome, but they’ll come in handy for main stage events and chilling out at the campsites.
- downloaded maps, schedule (we will not have copies available as we work towards a green experience)
- How can I be a presenter at the festival?
- We’re thrilled that you want to be a bigger part of the I Am Festival! Please click here for the Presenter Application.
- Are dogs allowed?
- Dogs are welcome with a campsite pass. Dogs are not allowed to walk through the festival, however, so keep in mind if your dog is not going to love being stuck at the campsite the whole time. This will be more strictly enforced to ensure the peaceful experience for all, so please consider this when deciding whether to bring your best friend.
- Are children welcome?
- Your children are most certainly welcome but to ensure that they have a meaningful experience, please note that the festival is really about an opportunity for parents of little ones to suspend time and reality and recharge their lives. So as such, there are no children activities in the I Am Festival and children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the sessions to ensure a distraction-free experience for the festival attendees. Bring them to the I Am Family Festival instead!
- I have Lifestyle Pass – how do I use it?
- Contact info@IAmFestival.net to get your pass code to use when tickets are available for purchase.
Camping and Accomodations:
- Can I camp at the festival?
- Absolutely! We would love you to immerse yourself in the I Am Festival experience. Add a camping pass to your festival ticket purchase.
Vehicles are not permitted in the camping zones so if your unit is a sleeping unit, you require an RV pass and it cannot be moved during the festival. RV space is limited.
- How many camp zones are available?
- Camping passes are limited. Please note that the camping is set in Zones, not sites, so you can park your tent right near a fellow I Am Festivaler and #GetConnected together. Campsites cannot be reserved. If you want to camp with a group of friends, you need to arrive together to ensure you get a spot together.
- What services are available at the camp sites?
- All camp sites are non-serviced sites. Portable toilets are on-site, but come prepared to camp in the natural elements of the beautiful Interlake.
- Me and my friend are coming to relax for the festival – do we need 2 camping passes?
- To ensure that we have adequate amenities for each individual who is camping, a camping pass is needed for each person.
- I want to bring my RV, do I need to get a camping pass?
- Yes, a camping pass is required for each person spending the night. RV parking is limited and requires an RV parking pass to bring an RV, camper or motorized sleeping unit in to the festival grounds. For the safety of the guests, any motorized vehicle brought out to the festival grounds cannot be removed until the end of the festival unless otherwise arranged and approved with the I Am festival crew.
- Can I cook on a campfire?
- There are centrally placed community cooking campfires and fire is only allowed in the designated cooking area. You are welcome to bring your own fuel stove.
Any other Questions?
Contact us – we’d love to hear from you!