Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the festival taking place?
- The festival is located on a remote acreage in the Interlake about 45 minutes north of Winnipeg on an 80 acres owned by Ignite Retreats. It’s located about 10 minutes south west of Teulon, MB. Well-removed from the sights and sounds of the city, taken-in by a property that offers the ultimate peaceful soul experience. See the last year’s layout of the festival grounds here. It’s Manitoba’s most unique Festival and Retreat grounds!
- What will I experience at the I Am Festival?
- The I Am Festival is a personal discovery retreat weekend. You choose your agenda and you find your moment there.
Some people choose to immerse themselves in the energy of the sessions and take the time to do some soul-searching to questions that have kept them up at night. Others take in a few sessions but prefer to wander the grounds and float in hammocks where good conversations take place. Others come for the festival community and the campfires. It’s your experience. One thing for sure, you’ll leave feeling a whole lot fuller and recharged!
- I don’t know anyone to come with me?
- Not to worry! Join our I Am Buddy Program when you register for your sessions and we’ll introduce you to another like-minded individual and help you connect before the festival and you can meet up at the festival. Not only might you meet a new life-long friend, but you’ll have someone to share the experience with! #spreadLove
- Can I come for just the music?
- Yes! We’ve recently launched Mainstage Night Passes which allow you to come for a single evening of music. Passes are valid from 6:00p until mainstage closes. Guests will park in mainstage pass parking area and proceed to the Welcome tent to get your wristband. Passes may be available at the gate, cash only and subject to availability.
- Will there be food at the festival?
- Of course! We’ll have a few vendors on site to offer food and beverage, but if you prefer, feel free to pack your own cooler. Vendors may not be able to accommodate all dietary needs – we will have the confirmed list of vendors and menus available prior to the festival so you can adequately prepare for yourself.
- Food Vendors for 2019
- To be announced!
- How do I Register for Sessions?
- Registration for sessions is open.
Registration is encouraged but not required. For sessions with limited space, priority will be given to those preregistered. To register find the event you are interested in, see the Session Registration page for more information. See you there!
- Will there be WiFi?
- When we say #GetConnected – we don’t mean to the internet. There is no wifi on the festival grounds and there is limited cell service. It’s the perfect opportunity to unplug and connect with yourself, nature and the I Am Community. You’ll #GetConnected in other ways.
- Will there be bugs?
- Have we mentioned the festival takes place in the Manitoban Interlake? You will likely come across the occasional ant or mosquito out in the festival grounds so come prepared. Although August is beyond the typical wood Tick Season,
- What should I bring to the I Am Festival?
- We’ve put together a list of some ideas to get you thinking…
- your ticket
- camping gear if you are camping
- refillable water bottle
- yoga mat
- bug repellent
- cash for food and amazing vendors
- snacks or money for food purchase
- a lawn chair
- please note that we may not be able to accommodate big lawn chairs in the session spaces like the tipi or inside the dome, but they’ll come in handy for main stage events and chilling out at the campsites.
- downloaded maps, schedule (we will not have copies available as we work towards a green experience)
- How can I be a presenter at the festival?
- We’re thrilled that you want to be a bigger part of the I Am Festival! Applications are closed for this year – but feel free to put your name in for next year! . Application
- Are dogs allowed?
- Pets are not allowed at the Festival grounds. I Am Festival has partnered with Sundog Boarding Kennels and Tamara will coordinate to come and pick up and drop off your fur-baby. Contact Tamara via Facebook or via phone (204) 404-7690.
- Are children welcome?
- The I Am Festival is designed for an individual retreat to focus on yourself. We hope that after a weekend of exploration you return to your families feeling fulfilled and empowered. Watch for I Am Events designed for children, such as our partnership with Inspire Community Outreach where we’ll be a part of a family experience.
Camping and Accomodations:
- Can I camp at the festival?
- Absolutely! We would love you to immerse yourself in the I Am Festival experience. Add a camping pass to your festival ticket purchase.
Vehicles are not permitted in the camping zones so if your unit is a sleeping unit, you require an RV pass and it cannot be moved during the festival. RV space is limited.
- How many camp zones are available?
- Camping passes are limited. Please note that the camping is set in Zones, not sites, so you can park your tent right near a fellow I Am Festivaler and #GetConnected together. Campsites cannot be reserved. If you want to camp with a group of friends, you need to arrive together to ensure you get a spot together.
- What services are available at the camp sites?
- All camp sites are non-serviced sites. Portable toilets are on-site, but come prepared to camp in the natural elements of the beautiful Interlake.
- Me and my friend are coming to relax for the festival – do we need 2 camping passes?
- To ensure that we have adequate amenities for each individual who is camping, a camping pass is needed for each person.
- I want to bring my RV, do I need to get a camping pass?
- Yes, a camping pass is required for each person spending the night. RV parking is limited and requires an RV parking pass to bring an RV, camper or motorized sleeping unit in to the festival grounds. For the safety of the guests, any motorized vehicle brought out to the festival grounds cannot be removed until the end of the festival unless otherwise arranged and approved with the I Am festival crew.
- Are generators allowed in the Campground?
- Unfortunately not, we need to preserve the quiet space.
- Can I cook on a campfire?
- There are centrally placed community cooking campfires and fire is only allowed in the designated cooking area. You are welcome to bring your own fuel stove.
Any other Questions?
Contact us – we’d love to hear from you!